A unique personalised hand-painted plaque mounted with two wooden stars with original vintage maps of your special places. You can also have your plaque personalised with text of your choice hand-painted on the sign above and below the maps.
The maps could show all sorts of places e.g. favourite holidays, where you’ve lived, where you’re both from, where you met, got married, honeymooned and first home, all sorts of things.
Please confirm the map locations and any text you’d like where indicated. I may contact you to double-check the map locations so please keep an eye out for an email from me (check your spam folder too just in case).
Time scales Before ordering, please click here to check up-to-date information about how long new orders will take and make sure you read my FAQs and Terms & Conditions.
Free UK delivery when you spend over £50
Dimensions plaque 25x15cm, map stars 9.5 x 0.6cm
Materials MDF, vintage paper and artists’ acrylics
Care instructions please keep your plaque away from direct sunshine, heat and humidity. Suitable for indoor use only.
About the maps… Your plaque will be mounted with original maps of your chosen locations carefully selected from my collection. A label will be tied to the twine detailing the age of the maps used.
My maps vary in age from 20-120 years old. The majority are 1960s or older.
As original maps are used, on occasion there might be a slight crease or imperfection, adding to the charm.
Your locations could be a:
- country, region, county, area, town or village
- island or group of islands
- sea, lake or coastal area
- star constellation or star sign
- depending on the location, I can’t always detail specific roads, addresses or landmarks and modern holiday resorts and new housing estates are rarely marked on vintage maps as they often didn’t exist at the time the map was printed
- if an exact place is not labelled on the map the location can still be centralised on the stars and you can choose to mark it with a tiny diamante if you would like.