Vintage Map personalised wooden heart gift
Description A tactile, solid wooden heart customised with an original vintage map of a place special to you, which can be personalised with any wording on the back. It includes a label threaded onto the twine detailing the year the map was printed. I make each one by hand to order.
This is a high quality, beautiful and completely unique gift to celebrate just about any occasion you can think of, e.g.:
- Happy memories of this year’s holiday destination to hang on the Christmas tree
- Valentine’s Day (where your love story began)
- Wedding or anniversary gift (wedding or honeymoon location)
- Emigration (double sided with a map of both places)
- Gap year or travel
- Graduation gift (with a map of the university town)
- A big birthday (where they were born)
- Pilgrimage, Hajj or Umrah
Personalisation Your heart can be personalised with any wording hand-painted in English or Arabic (or any other language if you can tell me what to write!). Please see the image gallery for lots of ideas.
Presentation box You can choose to have your map heart presented in a sturdy recycled gift box tied with matching twine.
Materials Solid birch wood, vintage paper and artists’ acrylic paint
Before ordering please click here to check up-to-date information about how long new orders will take and make sure you read my FAQs and Terms & Conditions.
About the maps…
- Your heart will be mounted with an original map of your chosen location carefully selected from my collection.
- Maps vary in age from 20-120 years old.
- Your location can be a country, region, town, village, island or group of islands, sea, lake or even star constellation. I will always select the loveliest possible map for you.
- Depending on the location, I can’t always detail specific roads, addresses or landmarks
- Modern holiday resorts and new housing estates are not marked on vintage maps because they often didn’t exist when the map was printed. However, even if the place is not specifically marked, the location can still be centralised on the heart.
- As original maps are used, on occasion there might be a slight crease or imperfection.
Looking after your map heart To preserve the beauty of this item please ensure it is kept away from heat, humidity or a dehumidifier.